- Judged by the Best in the Business
- Have your work rated by some of the greatest, most respected designers of modern times through our high profile judging panel.
- Reach Your Peers
- All Winners, and Northern Design Awards nominees will feature in various newsletters from our sponsors and partners to promote your success and gain massive exposure within the industry.
- Make Your Mark
- Whether you are an existing business or new to the industry - receiving a Northern Design Award will enhance your reputation within the industry and highlight your brand to potential clients.
- Feature in magazines and blogs
- All Award Winners will have their designs published on numerous online forums and blogs and will feature in various design related magazines.
- Receive Promotional Tools
- All Winners and Nominees receive promotional logos to market their success in the awards. These logos will be sent in formats suitable for both print and web.
- Join the Northern Design Awards Hall of Fame
- All of the Northern Design Awards Winners will be archived into the Hall of Fame. These will be looked upon in years to come as a reference to the design standards of this time.
The region's greatest celebration of architecture, retail and design. Judged by the best in the business, these awards serve to recognise excellence across the North. Culminating in a glittering gala dinner in November, we look forward to welcoming our finalists and judges for a fantastic evening of entertainment.
With a scholar’s grasp of centuries of rich tradition and an alchemist’s flair for infinite possibility, George Bond is the acknowledged master of modern interior design.. George’s exuberant flair for colour and intimate knowledge of texture has been recognised by some of the most discerning and fashionable clients. George prides himself on the philosophy that a home should be both a practical base and a relaxing haven, a space to live, a space to move and a space to be.
Born in Northern Ireland where she ran her own Interior Design Practice for 22 years, Alison made the move to Edinburgh 11 years ago along with partner Jeff Laing, to build up the hugely successful Jeffreys Interiors. A design practice, retail showroom and the recently launched e-commerce business for exclusive and unique furniture and accessories.
Simon Mcilwraith heads up Collective design an award winning interior design practice based in Newcastle.
He has twice been the Northern Interior designer of the Year and is one of the UK's most well known commercial interior designers.
Simon is currently working on a number of projects both in the UK and abroad as well as designing his own exciting range of bespoke wallpapers and furniture.
Born in Yorkshire Linda pursued a career in interior design, leading to a hugely successful move into TV - inspiring the UK in series such as Changing Rooms, 60 Minute Makeover and Building The Dream.
Linda later moved on to write numerous books and design-led columns and today runs her own interior design business with an online retail division.
With a background in fashion, interiors and styling, textile designer Jan Constantine’s distinctive collections have made her a household name.
Her much coveted designs are exquisitely hand embroidered onto quality natural cottons, linens and silks, and have already been heralded as the ‘heirlooms of the future’.
Designer Nick studied engineering and design at Imperial College of Science and Technology and The Royal College of Art, London.
He launched his career turning bedsprings into egg cups and became the UK's Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
Wayne Hemingway believes in the supremacy of design, whether in clothes or in buildings.
At the height of his fame as a fashion designer, he sold his iconic company, Red or Dead and his focus now is Hemingway Design, which specialises in affordable and social housing.